HMS Library Service and Interlibrary Loan Services
- The Hampden Meadows School (HMS) library is open to Barrington students and staff.
- Hampden Meadows School (HMS) students, school district staff members, and parents can check out all items that are part of our regular circulation.
- There are no overdue fines.
- Lost or significantly damaged materials must be paid for at the cost of replacement.
- Interlibrary loans requests can be placed by HMS patrons through their catalog login
- All items in circulation are available for interlibrary loan.
- Library staff and patrons can submit interlibrary loan requests.
- Interlibrary loan requests will be filled at the discretion of the school librarian.
- Local patron hold requests take precedence over interlibrary loan requests for the same item.
- Items that are specifically reserved for in-library or classroom use are temporarily excluded from interlibrary loan as needed.
- An individual patron can request a maximum of two items at one time.
- ILL requests will be filled (or declined) as quickly as possible.
- There are no interlibrary loan fees or overdue fines.
- Lost or significantly damaged items must be paid for at the cost of replacement. In certain circumstances, a replacement copy may be accepted.
- Items borrowed through interlibrary loan have a 35 day loan period and can be renewed one time.